Faith Baptist Church in Attica Kansas
was incorporated as an independent Baptist church October 11 1946 as a result of prayers meetings which were held in several homes in Attica Kansas. The first prayer meeting was held September 19 1945. The church organized with 14 members. The first pastor was Leaford Cavin.
Lots were purchased May 16 1949 at 102 North Graphic and the Flowerdale School House was moved from its location on highway 44 west of Anthony to the lots and the building remodeled into a church building. The dedication was conducted February 19 1950. Services were held in the Brant Funeral Parlor until the building was completed.
On the 7th anniversary of the church the final payment of the building was paid leaving it and all its fixtures debt free.
On March 1 1958 the house on north miller street was purchased as a parsonage and remained the parsonage until 2007 when the current parsonage was purchased on West Avenue E in Attica Kansas.
In February of 1974 the building at 102 N Graphic was sold and the church purchased the former United Brethren church building on Highway 160 at the corner of Avenue C and Botkin Street. The first service in this building was held April 20 1975 and is the current place of worship.
Since moving into the building on Hwy 160 there has been many salvations and baptisms take place… there have also been some influenced for mission and pastoral work.
The church believes and practices Matthew 28:19 “Go ye therefore and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:...”. It supports 30 ministries, including foreign and domestic church planters, evangelists, Bible colleges and helps ministries.
For all the souls that have been saved and blessed by this ministry we say to God be the glory and trust that Faith Baptist church will still be a beacon of light in a darkened world till the Lord Jesus Christ comes again.